Enthought Canopy is now available for download and installation. To avoid disruption, Canopy and EPD can both be installed on the same system.
Subscribers have the option to download our standard installer, and subsequently install or update any non-free package within Canopy, and access our "PyPI mirror" repo of 11,000 untested ("as-is") community packages. Beginning with Canopy 1.1, subscribers also have the option to download a larger installer which includes nearly all Canopy packages in our commercial repo. This option is generally used for installing on disconnected machines, but will entail a much larger footprint on the system in terms of disk usage. Therefore, we typically recommend using the standard installer and customizing your environment by installing packages the Package Manager as you need them.
All EPD subscriptions are also automatically Canopy subscriptions (and vice versa), providing the following levels of update and direct support:
- Canopy Pro users (formerly EPD Gold) users can update all packages when logged in. Extensive direct Enthought support, including for Canopy/EPD packages, by special email or phone.
- Canopy Basic (formerly EPD Basic and Silver) users can update all packages when logged in. Support for login at email@example.com, and support for installation and the Canopy GUI, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Canopy Academic (formerly EPD Academic) users can update all packages when logged in. Support for login at email@example.com.
- Canopy Express (formerly EPD Free) users who do have Enthought accounts can update the core "SciPy stack" scientific packages when logged in. Support for login at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Canopy Express (formerly EPD Free) users who do not have Enthought accounts can use the software but not update most packages. No direct Enthought support.
For all other support, please consult our growing Knowledge Base, or post questions on Stack Overflow (tag "enthought") for help by the Enthought user community, including Enthought developers as time permits.