Enthought Python Distribution
ACADEMIC SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
This Enthought Python Distribution Software License and Service Subscription Agreement (the “Agreement”) is between Enthought, Inc. (“Enthought” or “We”) and the licensor who accepts the terms of this Agreement (the “Academic User” or “You”). The Academic User must be a faculty member, student or researcher of a degree-granting institution to license the Software pursuant to this Agreement. The effective date of this Agreement (the “Effective Date”) is the first date You use the Software, and use of the Software signifies acceptance of the terms of this Agreement.
The following terms, when capitalized, are defined as follows:
- A. "Third Party Software" shall mean any and all third party software and related intellectual property, whether proprietary or open source, that are subscribed for as part of the Subscription Services by Customer and distributed by Enthought.
- B. "Enthought Python Distribution" or "EPD" or "Software" shall mean Enthought’s proprietary software and related intellectual property that packages Third Party Software in a single binary form and performs installation services of EPD and Third Party Software by the Customer.
2. EPD Software License
Commencing on the Effective Date, Enthought grants You a perpetual, non-exclusive right to use EPD pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The specific use rights granted to You are as follows:
- A. "Academic User License". Each Academic User License grants You the right to install and use the then current version of EPD on as many computers or workstations as may be required for Your individual use of EPD. You may make as many copies of EPD as are reasonably required for normal computer backup and archival purposes. All copies must contain all title, trademark, and copyright information and restricted rights notices as are provided in EPD and shall not remove or obscure any such notices.
- B. You may distribute EPD and Third Party Software as a component of an application or as standalone software, provided that any such distribution is within the academic community and not for commercial purposes. You further agree that You will comply at all times with all applicable laws and regulations in using EPD.
- C. "Academic License". For Customers using EPD for education or research in a degree-granting institution, the license agreement controlling the usage of the Software can be found at the following location: https://support.enthought.com/entries/23407761-EPD-Academic-License-Text
3. Support Services
EPD and Third Party Software is licensed on an as is basis. No support services are provided to You under this Agreement.
4. Term and Termination
The Term of this Agreement is from the Effective Date until it is terminated by either party as provided for herein (the “Term”). Enthought may terminate this agreement upon written notice to You upon any breach by you of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by ceasing to use the software.upon written notice to Enthought.
5. Ownership and Marks
Enthought represents and warrants that it is the owner of EPD or that it otherwise has the right to grant Customer a User License for Customer's use. No right or license, express or implied, is granted in this Agreement for the use of any Enthought or Third Party Software trade names, service marks or trademarks, including, without limitation, the distribution of EPD and the Third Party Software utilizing Enthought or Third Party Software trademarks.
THIS IS A LIMITED WARRANTY AND IT IS THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY ENTHOUGHT. ENTHOUGHT MAKES AND ACADEMIC USER RECEIVES NO WARRANTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND THERE ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ENTHOUGHT SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ITS OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE STATED EXPRESS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL LIABILITIES OR OBLIGATIONS OF ENTHOUGHT FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE DELIVERY, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE.
7. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any body of law or precedent relating to conflicts of law.