The solutions described below may also work for some other Windows installation errors.
Repeat the download, in case the downloaded file was corrupted.
If you already have other Python 2.7 versions installed on your system, uninstall them before attempting to install EPD. Some users want to retain these versions as a way to use IDLE. However, EPD includes IDLE, as well as many other useful packages, so you should not lose any functionality.
Please tell us!
If you do encounter this error, and Solution #1 (download again) does not work for you, we would greatly appreciate an email to email@example.com, subject "error 2349", reporting:
- Which version of Windows are you running? (e.g. Windows 7, 64-bit)
- What model and age of computer do you have?
- Do you have any other programming software installed, such as another version of Python, or Microsoft Visual Studio? If so, which version or which multiple versions?
- Do you have 3rd party firewall or anti-virus software installed? If so, which ones?
- What was the outcome of your attempts to solve this using Solutions #2 or #3?