You have a current (typically new or just-renewed) Canopy subscription but still one or more of the following occurs:
- The Canopy Package Manager asks you to subscribe rather than letting you install a package.
- The Canopy debugger is not accessible to you (Canopy 1.5 or higher).
- You can't see view the Training on Demand videos (at https://training.enthought.com/) that you are authorized to see.
- You can't download the Canopy Full installer (are you really sure that you want the full installer??)
1. (Typical scenario): Log out (of the Canopy Welcome Screen, or the Enthought store website, or the training site [https://training.enthought.com/], respectively), then log back in.
Or, for the Package Manager and debugger access issues in Canopy, simply quit and restart Canopy (assuming that you are already logged in).
For the Package Manager subscription problem, starting in Canopy 1.5.4, it will usually be sufficient to quit and restart the Package Manager
Reason: The Canopy application only checks your subscription status when you start it, and/or when you log in on the Canopy Welcome Screen, and/or (starting in 1.5.4) when you restart the Package Manager.
The training web site (https://training.enthought.com/) only checks your subscription status when you log in to it. (It is separate from the Enthought store website.)
2. (For some institutional users): You are running behind a proxy firewall (whether you realize it or not) and need to explicitly configure Canopy to work with the proxy. See this article: Can I use Canopy Behind a Proxy Firewall?
Even if you can already access the Enthought web site in your browser, you will still need to configure Canopy explicitly for the proxy.
Please do not enter support requests in article comments
Please use article comments for suggestions to improve the article. For individual support requests, please follow these guidelines.