To get up and running with Canopy, use this quick start guide for installing Canopy and performing some of the more common setup tasks:
- Please visit our downloads page to get the latest Canopy installer for your platform: https://store.enthought.com/downloads/
- We recommend downloading the standard Canopy installer, as this is a smaller download and installation footprint, and allows the user to customize their environment by installing the packages that are most useful to them. See "When is a Canopy full installer useful, and how much disk space does it require?"
- Next install the Canopy application and set up Canopy's User Python environment. Instructions for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux can be found in the Canopy User Guide Quick Start Topics.
- To install additional packages into Canopy, users should log into the Canopy application using their Enthought account. This grants access to any repositories that come with your subscription. For information on updating the Canopy application and its Python packages, please see this article.
- To install packages into Canopy's User Python environment using the OS command line (vs. using the Package Manager), please see this article which describes the process for packages in Canopy's repos as well as the steps needed for installing external packages.
For a quick overview of the Canopy application and its included tools, please see the online Canopy User Guide's "Quick Start Topics".